Sunday, 17 March 2013 23:19

Feast of St. Michael

Written by 

Every year we have the benefit to celebrate St. Michael’s feast twice. One, at our Retreat Centre on the second Sunday of September and the other one, on the 29th of September, the actual feast of the Archangels. The history of the first celebration goes back to the seventies when Fr. Edvin Mucha started it. Today forty years later it is still being continued and this year, Sept. 9th, had a special meaning as we mark the Jubilee Year. Just before 3 pm on this Sunday afternoon, Fr. Eugene Dziedzic prepared the crowd of near thousand people for the Mass . Bishop Emeritus Mathew Ustrzycki of Hamilton was the main celebrant and our General Superior was the homilist. This annual feast celebration gathered over 30 priests. Among them was Fr. Julian Chmura, of USA. At the end of the Mass, Rector of the University of Lublin, Fr. Antoni Debinski handed a special medal to our Community as a recognition and thanksgiving for our work in Canada and support of CUL. Youth band from Our Lady of Czestochowa played during and after the Mass. It is already a tradition that polish paczki and coffee is being offered for all participants. At the end of the day, we gathered outside to plant a special Jubilee Tree. During our special festive meal, Sr. Dawide read a few of her poems and Fr. Eugene with the Michaelite choir serenaded till late evening.

Read 6389 times Last modified on Tuesday, 19 March 2013 00:58
More in this category: « Banquets Sisters »

Places


Strict Standards: Non-static method K2ModelItemlist::getCategoryTree() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /mnt/data/vhosts/casite-482443.cloudaccess.net/httpdocs/components/com_roksprocket/lib/RokSprocket/Provider/K2/Filter.php on line 149
  • Michaelite House Retreat Centre +

    The Michaelite House Retreat Centre is nestled on many acres of hardwood and pine trees around London, Ontario, less than Read More
  • Our Lady of Czestochowa, London +

    In 1953, the Polish community in London was growing slowly but surely. Under the wise leadership of Msgr. Francis Pluta, Read More
  • St. Patrick, Lucan +

    St. Patrick Parish in Lucan has a strong Irish heritage as does the Town of Lucan. Catholics began to settle Read More
  • St. Teresa, Toronto +

    Saint Teresa’s Parish in Toronto was established in 1924 in order to provide spiritual care for the local Catholics. Soon Read More
  • St. Mary, London +

    Saint Mary’s Church in London, Ontario was built in 1902 and is the second oldest Roman Catholic Church in the Read More
  • St. Clare of Montefalco, Grosse Pointe Park +

    St. Clare Parish in Grosse Pointe Park, MI, USA was founded in 1926 by the Augustinians Friars of the Province Read More
  • Christ The King, Toronto +

    Christ the King Church in Long Branch began as an idea in the mind of its first pastor, Father Stephen Read More
  • 1