In 1953, the Polish community in London was growing slowly but surely. Under the wise leadership of Msgr. Francis Pluta, a Polish parish came to be. Our Lady of Czestochowa Polish Catholic Church was built in 1954. The first Michaelite to work in this parish was Fr. Joseph T. Dabrowski CSMA (Senior), who took the ministry as a vicar in the spring of 1966. In the 80’s the church had became too small for the growing polish community in London, partly because the parish had sponsored thousands of immigrants from Poland. The existing church was unable to accommodate the 2000 or so families.
In 1992, Fr. Adam Gabriel CSMA was appointed as the fourth pastor of Our Lady of Czestochowa parish. Shortly after, plans to rebuild the church became reality. On June 23, 1996, the newly rebuilt church was blessed by Bishop John Sherlock, the Bishop of London. Fr. Zbigniew Rodzinka CSMA is the present pastor and Fr. Mateusz Sobierajski CSMA is his assistant.
Parish web: olc.dol.ca