Saint Teresa’s Parish in Toronto was established in 1924 in order to provide spiritual care for the local Catholics. Soon after, Irish immigrants found this church to be their spiritual home. Other ethnic groups have followed and therefore, the parish is a mosaic of Canadian multiculturalism. It is a place where people of all age groups and cultural backgrounds gather to worship and praise the Lord. We currently have a large Polish community thus masses are celebrated in English as well as Polish.
Our parish provides various social and sacramental ministries such as: catechisms, sacramental classes for couples preparing for the Sacrament of Marriage, services for the elderly at Lakeshore Lodge, a ministry for children and youth at Saint Teresa’s Elementary School and Fr. John Redmond High school, and finally heritage school which offers Polish language classes to elementary school children at Saint Teresa’s School.
The latest renovation of the interior building was done in late 1990’s as a testimony of faith and dedication of the growing number of parishioners. The altar stained glass windows which have been designed depict Jesus’ Last Supper, Death, and Resurrection.
Since 2002 the pastoral care of Saint Teresa’s Parish has been entrusted to the Michaelite Fathers with Fr. Jan Burczyk as a pastor to serve over 2000 families who make this parish a growing and thriving community through the intersession of St. Teresa the patron of our church.