St. Clare Parish in Grosse Pointe Park, MI, USA was founded in 1926 by the Augustinians Friars of the Province of Our Mother of Good Counsel with headquarters in Chicago, Illinois. From its beginnings until 2012 the Augustinians were instruments of spiritual growth for the people of St. Clare as individuals and as parish community.
Since July 1, 2012 the spiritual and temporal direction of St. Clare Parish, were given to the Congregation of St. Michael the Archangel /Michaelite Fathers/ with Fr. Andrew Kowalczyk as the pastor. This is the first parish in the USA run by the Michaelite Fathers.
Parish web: www.stclarem.org